Archive for November 2022
Should San Jose appoint councilmembers or hold a special election?
Two seats will soon be vacant on the San Jose City Council—and those in power are debating how to fill them. Matt Mahan, who represents District 10, is leaving the seat after winning his bid for San Jose mayor. District 8 Councilmember Sylvia Arenas is also leaving her post after winning the District 1 Santa Clara County supervisor…Read More
How Cindy Chavez lost the San Jose mayor’s race.
A veteran public official with a long list of endorsers and major financial backing had almost every South Bay politico betting on her securing the mayoral seat in the 10th largest U.S. city. Then, she lost. Days after the November election, it became clear Santa Clara County Supervisor Cindy Chavez had no chance of winning, as her opponent—first-term Councilmember…Read More
East San Jose councilmember ousted by newcomer
Challenger Bien Doan has claimed victory in the San Jose City Council District 7 race, unexpectedly defeating incumbent Councilmember Maya Esparza. Doan finished the race with 53.7% of the vote, or 9,004 votes. Esparza trailed behind, finishing with 46.2% of the vote, or 7,748 votes. The challenger won by a margin of 1,256 votes, with…Read More
Let’s Do This Right.
We have come up short in the race for San Jose D3 City Council. Congrats to my opponent and eternal hugs to all my supporters. I am feeling grateful for the whole experience and eager for the next challenge. In the immediate aftermath of these elections, the tone we all set–candidates and supporters, winners and…Read More
Not all Thieves are Stupid!
Note how seemingly “innocent” entries can be turned against us! 1. LONG – TERM PARKING Some people left their car in the long-term parking at the airport while away, and someone broke into the car. Using the information on the car’s registration in the glove compartment, they drove the car to the people’s home and robbed it. …Read More
MAHAN WINS MAYOR’S RACE!
Councilmember Matt Mahan will be the next mayor of San Jose. San Jose Inside called the race, based on returns posted this evening showing Mahan with an insurmountable lead over Cindy Chavez with just 10 percent of votes remaining to be counted. With an estimated 90 percent of votes counted, Tuesday’s report from the Santa…Read More
San Jose Police Confront Weekend Sideshow with New Tactic.
SAN JOSE, Calif. – San Jose police officers employed a new tactic over the weekend to disrupt sideshow activity, resulting in over 700 citations being issued to stunt drivers and spectators. The department’s air support team developed the tactic, which involves tracking sideshows from above, then boxing cars in with a large police presence on the ground. After a sideshow erupted Saturday…Read More
Matt Mahan- Watsonville native leads San Jose mayoral race!
Watsonville-raised Matt Mahan is favored to become the next mayor of America’s 10th largest city. The San Jose city councilman’s lead over Santa Clara County supervisor Cindy Chavez grew slightly Wednesday, to 4,766 votes, as ballot counting at the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters office proceeded at a snail’s pace. Counting resumed Thursday, with…Read More
Harker students host San Jose Mayoral Campaign in collaboration with Yerba Buena High School
Harker and Yerba Buena High School students hosted representatives of San Jose mayoral candidates Cindy Chavez and Matt Mahan’s political team in a youth campaign forum at the Cambrian Branch Library on Oct. 25. Sahngwie Yim (10), Valerie Li (10), KJ Williams (12), Kris Estrada (12) and Sara Bhowmick (12), who conducted the event with…Read More
Really? Does this make common sense?
Cindy Chavez tatous that she has endorsements from several council members! Lets first start with the endorsement of Raul Peralez. After 8 years of running D3, Peralez has done nothing to curb the homeless encampments, trash and safety concerns. Below find pictures of areas in D3 from 2010 through 2022 submitted by followers. Aren’t we…Read More